i3 is a boutique private asset management firm providing high net worth families, closely-held companies and private institutions access to relevant information, the infrastructure to acquire and manage assets, and investment options that allow the preservation and continued re-investment of capital.
At the core of our philosophy and based on more than twenty years of experience, i3 believes that those families that approach wealth as a gift from one generation to the next are better positioned for the continued growth of wealth and achievement of investment goals than those that view generational wealth as an entitlement.
With more than twenty years of experience working with high net worth families, their closely-held businesses and private institutions, we have learned that there are three things a family needs:
– Access to relevant information to include market intelligence and information, asset-specific research and subject matter expertise;
– Infrastructure support in terms of people and relationships to provide and manage third-party vendors and property managers;
– Investment options including comprehensive performance tracking and reporting, performance versus benchmarking, risk mitigation and insurance analyses, and capital stack and deal flow.
i3 Principals spend two- to three-thousand hours with each engagement drafting a Family Constitution and constructing a Global Family Balance Sheet and Cash Flow.
To access i3 services, a client, family or third-party advisor may engage our Principals as a Family CFO, a Family Office Advisor, or any one or all three of the i’s at i3:
“Families that breed a culture of entitlement are unlikely to implement the core foundational tools of wealth education and management. Not only may the growth of wealth stagnate, but in times of crisis, wealth may liquidate completely.”
Top 5 reasons why families engage i3
5) There is a need for underwriting investments in operating companies or real estate assets;
4) Family recognizes the need to train new family members in critical decision-making and management of the family’s portfolio of assets;
3) Family recognizes the need for a third-party, objective opinion for family decisions;
2) Family patriarch/matriarch desires a strategy for accumulated assets and a plan for managing to the benefit of beneficiaries;
1) The sale of an asset unexpectedly causes the family to evaluate the family’s assets and entitlements of the family – Global Family Cash Flow.
At i3, the team assists families with Augmented Decision-making. This means the Family CFO:
Families that value the generational gift of wealth define core values and document these in a Family Constitution. This Constitution defines the generational asset management strategy and articulates the investment policy of the family. The i3 mission is to work in concert with the family to create the framework for this Constitution and provide the training platform to support the management of future wealth within it.
For i3, and for our families, the education of subsequent generations to maturely and responsibly continue to implement and manage sound investment policies is the cornerstone. i3 is the family wealth program for generational wealth education. We provide a framework for maximizing cash flow from existing assets with a strategic blueprint for how to manage the assets into the future.